The Australia Awards Scholarship is designed to support students from developing countries in pursuing higher education in Australia.
It is available for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by renowned Australian universities and TAFE institutions.
Recipients of this scholarship gain access to top-ranking universities such as the Australian National University, Macquarie University, University of Sydney, and many more.
The scholarship program covers a wide range of expenses, including tuition fees, travel expenses, establishment allowance, health insurance, and accommodation.
Highlights of the Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Type: Merit-Based
- Offered by: Government bodies
- Organization: Department of Home Affairs
- Application Deadline: N/A (varies by country)
- No. of Scholarships: 1985
- Amount: Variable
- Renewability: Yes
- International Students Eligible: Yes
- Scholarship Website Link: Australia Awards Scholarship
- Online Application Link: Online Application
To be eligible for the Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be citizens or residents of a participating country, such as India, Bangladesh, or others.
- Not be permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand.
- Be over 18 years of age on February 1 of the scholarship's commencement.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language through recent IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE exam scores.
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL-iBT: 78
- PTE: 58
- Satisfy the entry requirements of the chosen Australian university.
- Fulfill the visa requirements of the Department of Home Affairs.
- Not have been previous recipients of Australia Awards, unless they have lived outside Australia for a duration twice as long as their stay in Australia.
Applying for the Australia Awards Scholarship involves the following steps:
Step 1: Choose your home country and award type to determine eligibility.
Step 2: Review the course eligibility criteria once your eligibility is established.
Step 3: Register and complete the online application form provided on the Australian Awards website.
Applicants are required to submit certified copies of the following documents, along with their English translations if necessary:
- Graduation degree certificate
- Formal academic transcripts
- Birth certificate
- Certified copy of citizenship document (e.g., national identity card or passport)
Good luck in your pursuit to study in Australia, remember to keep trying, you may try severally before getting a spot