Are you planning a trip to Lesotho and wondering if you need a visa as a Ghanaian citizen? The good news is that Ghana has a visa-free agreement with Lesotho.
This means that as a Ghanaian citizen, you do not need a visa to travel to Lesotho. In this article, we will explore the details of this visa-free agreement, the requirements for entry, and other important information for Ghanaian travelers.
Understanding the Visa-Free Agreement between Ghana and Lesotho
Ghana and Lesotho have a visa-free agreement that allows citizens of both countries to travel freely between the two countries for a period of up to 90 days without a visa.
This agreement was signed on October 10, 2016, and it went into effect immediately. Since then, Ghanaians have been able to travel to Lesotho without the need for a visa, provided they meet the entry requirements.
Entry Requirements for Ghanaians Traveling to Lesotho
Although Ghanaian citizens can enter Lesotho without a visa, they must still meet certain entry requirements. These requirements include:
- A valid passport: Ghanaian travelers must have a valid passport with at least six months' validity remaining from the date of entry.
- Return or onward ticket: Ghanaian travelers must have a return or onward ticket to a destination outside of Lesotho.
- Proof of accommodation: Ghanaian travelers must have proof of accommodation for the duration of their stay in Lesotho.
- Sufficient funds: Ghanaian travelers must have sufficient funds to cover their stay in Lesotho.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate: Ghanaian travelers must have a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate.
It is important to note that immigration officers may request additional documentation from Ghanaian travelers at their discretion. Therefore, it is advisable to carry all necessary documents to avoid any complications at the port of entry.