Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Information Systems, a similar research-related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 15 years of experience in Qualitative and Quantitative User Research, Business/Data Analytics, Strategy, or a similar field.
• Experience working collaboratively with Directors and Executive Stakeholders cross-organizations.
• Technical knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead research through influence in an ambiguous space, working to define methods and approaches.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate for the designs.
• Excellent research portfolio, showcasing success and failure of integrating large-scale research programs throughout the product lifecycle, with an emphasis on programs focused on digital, global products with examples of using insights to help drive innovation.
About The Job
In this role, you will be leading the user research team and the content design team to drive Google Search experiences, managing the practical needs of product development with building a foundational knowledge base covering all facets of user needs, motivations, and desired experiences along the payment journey.
You’ll be the strategic partner to Product Management, Design, and Engineering leadership.
You will be responsible for generating and synthesizing insights around complex product and design problems, rationalizing them into elegant and actionable solutions, and helping gain the support of executive stakeholders, while coordinating with partners across the company in prioritization and execution.
In Google Search, we’re reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere.
To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on.
In joining the Search team, you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $246,000-$361,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google .
• Lead and drive innovation for users.
• Collaborate with Search UX, Engineering, and Product Management leadership to develop strategies for communicating research insights that build conviction and influence strategic decision-making at the executive level.
• Conduct research in conjunction with priority areas, and improve research across Google.
• Influence leadership and partner teams as well as users to act in the best interest of the shared environment through design, storytelling, and thought leadership.
• Serve as a thought leader to guide and influence the direction of search, using qualitative and qualitative research, drive the teams to discover gaps, identify opportunities, and create the solutions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .