- Know where to look: institutional and private scholarships.
- Contact the financial aid office and high school guidance counselor for information.
- Search online portals for local, state, national, and international scholarships.
- Look for scholarships based on academic excellence, athletics, financial need, service, and special associations.
Preparing your scholarship application
- Review and meet the requirements of each scholarship.
- Verify that you qualify based on academic, athletic, financial, or character-based criteria.
- Understand the application process and required documents.
- Be aware of deadlines and submit the application on time.
- Fill out the application form accurately and provide additional requested information.
After submitting your scholarship application
- Note the waiting period, which varies depending on the scholarship.
- Scholarship sponsors will contact selected winners; no response indicates non-selection.
- Inform the sponsor of any contact information changes.
- Formally accept the scholarship offer if awarded.
- Fulfill any obligations outlined by the scholarship.