Are you aspiring to be a student of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)? You might be wondering what grades are accepted in the university.
KNUST is one of the prestigious universities in Ghana that admits students based on academic qualifications, including grades.
In this article, we will take a look at the grades accepted in KNUST and how to get admitted to the university.
Are you tired of browsing through various websites searching for the grades accepted in KNUST? This article will give you all the necessary information about KNUST's admission requirements, including the grades accepted.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is a public university in Ghana that offers undergraduate and graduate programs.
The university is known for its academic excellence in science and technology, and its admission process is highly competitive.
Students who wish to gain admission to KNUST must meet specific academic qualifications, including the grades accepted by the university.
Grades Accepted in KNUST
KNUST accepts grades from both the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and the General Certificate of Education (GCE).
To be considered for admission into KNUST, prospective students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Six credit passes in core subjects, including English, Mathematics, and Integrated Science, or Social Studies for WASSCE holders.
- Three elective passes in relevant subjects related to the intended field of study for WASSCE holders.
- Five credit passes in core subjects, including English, Mathematics, and Integrated Science, or Social Studies for GCE holders.
- Three passes in relevant subjects related to the intended field of study for GCE holders.
Prospective students who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to apply for admission to KNUST. However, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission as the university's admission process is highly competitive.
How to Get Admitted to KNUST
To get admitted to KNUST, prospective students must follow the university's admission process, which includes the following steps:
- Purchase an application form: Prospective students can purchase an application form online or at designated banks.
- Fill the application form: The application form must be filled correctly, and all the required information must be provided.
- Submit the application form: The completed application form must be submitted to the university's admission office.
- Wait for admission: The university will review the application form and notify the applicant of the admission decision.
Prospective students can increase their chances of getting admitted to KNUST by performing well in their WASSCE or GCE examinations.
Students who obtain excellent grades have a higher chance of getting admitted to KNUST than those with lower grades.